Leading and Serving in the Church
EAPI Modules for Pastoral Empowerment
To apply, contact Ms. Phoebe Urbino at 426-5901 to 03; firstname.lastname@example.org; download the Application Form.
“We need to create spaces where pastoral workers can be helped and healed, places where faith itself in the crucified and risen Jesus is renewed, where the most profound questions and daily concerns are shared, where deeper discernment about our experiences and life itself is undertaken in the light of the Gospel, for the purpose of directing individual and social decisions towards the good and beautiful” (Evangelii Gaudium 77).
East Asian Pastoral Institute (EAPI) offers the following week-long learning modules:
• Aug 20-24, Managing Loneliness, Anger, and Human Intimacy, (Fr. Dennis Paez, SDB)
• Aug 27-31, Ministry to Families: Nurturing Resilience, (Fr. Ted Gonzales, SJ)
• Sep 3-7, Vision & Mission of Vatican II, (Fr. James Kroeger, MM)
• Sep 17-20, Spiritual Discernment, (Fr. Johnny Go, SJ)
• † Sep 20-28, Ignatian 8-Day Silent Retreat, (Fr. Priyono Marwan, SJ)
• Oct 1-5, A Light to the Nations: Mission In The Bible, (Fr. Luc Mees, MDJ)
• Oct 8-12, Good Shepherds “smelling like the sheep”: Church Organization for Mission, (Archbp Antonio Ledesma, SJ, DD)
• Oct 15-17, Biblical Figures: Call-Encounter-Conversion-Sending, (Dr. Dennis Gonzalez)
• Oct 29-Nov 2, Mission & Inter-Religious Dialogue, (Fr. Sebastian Painadath, SJ)
• Nov 5-9, Church in Dialogue with Islam: Theological Vision for Ministry, (Fr. Greg Soetomo, SJ)
• Nov 12-16, Integrity in Sexuality & Ministry, (Fr. Peter Pojol, SJ)
• Modules are held with multicultural participants of EAPI residential programs.
• Module sessions: 9am to 4:30pm on Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 1pm on Friday.
• Application must be submitted at least one week before the start of the module.
• Each participant may attend up to five (5) modules.
• Live-Out Fee for 5-day module: P5,000 (includes all module materials, lunch, and AM/PM snacks)
• Live-Out Fee for 3-day module: P3,000 (includes all module materials, lunch, and AM/PM snacks)
• Note (†): Sept. 20 (evening) to Sept. 28, Ignatian 8-Day Silent Retreat is a preached retreat
exclusively for Live-In participants; fee: P8,750 for non-aircon room; P10,800 for aircon room.